Sunday, May 27, 2007

Money is Power and You Need to Get Some

With gas prices in Sacramento, California almost reaching $3.50 per gallon and the average price for a single family home over $300,000, few people can take a vow of poverty and survive.

The good new is that you need to be rich and being rich is not a bad thing. After reading The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles, I am happy to announce to the world and also to my southern Baptist brothers and sisters that being rich is noble. Being poor is not noble.

Can you imagine my sheer joy at finding the answer to my most pressing questions in a manuscript written in 1910 by a really funny looking guy? The practical applications that are outlined in "The Science of Getting Rich" are taken directly from the pages of the Bible.

The problem has been that these practical applications for getting rich were never explained to me in terms that I understood. I always thought that money was the root of all evil.

The reverse is true because poverty causes more evil than riches ever could.

This is quite a revelation for a girl from the south who attended Sunday school, BTU (Baptist Training Union) and night services for her whole life, reading this manuscript literally turned my life upside down.

When I talk about being rich, I envision corporate jets and mansions located in several strategic locations around the world. I see people who tend to my vast acreage of land. I have dreams and ambitions that when I voiced them, my mother would just shake her head.

I am so profoundly grateful that I now have a voice and a purpose for wanting, desiring, even demanding those things that are mine from the universe. The Science of Getting Rich gives me justification for everything that I ever want in my life. For "in order to know more, do more and be more, we must have more. This knowledge frees the spirit and your soul.

I don't have to compete to be rich. I don't have to drive hard bargains or take advantage of others. I can create my entire rich abundance just by knowing that the universe intends that I become all that I can.

"The desire for riches, writes Mr. Wattles, is simply the capacity for larger life seeking fulfillment. Ever desire is the effort of an unexpressed possibility to come into action"

As to the practical realities of getting rich, I found it necessary because of my character to explore business models that would bring the riches that I desire. When Wallace D. Wattles explains the analogy about the sewing machine, he tells us that if you want a sewing machine you must hold the mental image of it with positive certainty that it is being made and is on its way to you.

I took this same analogy with a business model and I contend that the Google Adsense program is my vehicle for riches. I can create this thought in my mind, create Adsense websites and see people happily clicking on my website providing a quick and easy way to riches.

No comments: